Here are a few of the organizations out there who are pursuing goals similar to Ronin’s, or who share some of our core values. Some of these may provide useful resources, or at least a sense of shared struggle.
- Campus Orléon (based in the Netherlands, but active elsewhere in Europe, as well)
- Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars (based out of Vancouver)
- Complex Biological Systems Alliance
- CORE Sciences & Engineering (in hiatus; based in the UK, but active within Europe)
- Global Institute for Research, Education and Scholarship (GIRES)
- Independent Scholars Association of Australia
- Institute for Historical Study (centered in the San Francisco Bay area)
- Institute for Globally Distributed Open Research and Education (IGDORE) (global, but has presence in Sweden, Indonesia, and Estonia)
- Integrated Behavioral Health Research Institute (US)
- Minnesota Independent Scholars’ Forum (US)
- National Coalition of Independent Scholars (not to be confused with the CBS franchise)
- Postdoctoral Institute for Computational Studies (focusing on computational sciences, global, based in the US)
- Princeton Research Forum (US)
- Slowopen Science Laboratory (based in France)
And many, many others. If you’ve got something along these lines, send us a note.