This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
CURRENT: My research is interdisciplinary. In 2020 I completed the NCCAOM certification in Acupuncture and am Licensed in Colorado, Oregon and Arizona. During the last 3 years in practice I have organized community research projects on the San Fu Treatment, a practice thousands of years old to treat winter diseases in the middle of summer, which boost immunity using topical herbs on acupuncture points. The results showed greater than 50% improvement in Upper Respiratory diseases like asthma, with this treatment. I particularly like working with women and children and hope to bring this medicine to tribal nations, border and refugee situations, and into trauma medicine.
- M.S. Acupuncture Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- Ph.D. Environmental Science/Archaeology, Portland State University, Oregon Dissertation: Deforestation, Drought and Humans: New Discoveries of the Late Quaternary Paleoenvironment of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) published August 2011
- Post-GRAD: Cultural Anthropology, Methods and Theory, Portland State University, Oregon
- M.S. Building Design/Solar, Arizona State University, Tempe Thesis: Passive Solar & Thermal Mass in the Ancient Buildings of the Anasazi and Pueblo People
- Bach. of Architecture (5yr Prof degree)/Anthropology, University of Louisiana, Lafayette
Current Projects: An Illustrated Plant Medicine Book Ancient Plants of Rapa Nui based on the last 15,000 years of natural history uncovered in the fossil pollen. It is my promise to help the people of Rapa Nui grow their native medicine and food plants once again and help them replant the forests.
Continuing the on-going research of a 5,000 year timeline between punctuated climate shifts (drought and floods) and cosmic events (comets and supernova) and their reflection in culture adaptation.
To find out more, and for full CV visit: www.blackcoyotemedicine.org
For papers, presentations visit: https://umn.academia.edu/CandaceGossenPhD
Contact Candace at firstname.lastname@example.org