This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
People invited me into high-potential situations. Together, we created more than people expected - within businesses, in government, in research and development, for the environment, and for society.
I have worked with large and small enterprises in aerospace, agricultural research, biotech, business services, computing, defense, education, energy utilities, government, healthcare, high technology, innovation, insurance, Internet, law enforcement, politics, research and development, telecommunications, and venture capital.
My roles have included …
- Executive leading a US$1-billion-per-year, 2,000-person business unit.
- Co-CIO (co-chief information officer) for the United States federal government’s Executive Branch.
- Program leader catalyzing innovation throughout a $6 billion corporation.
- Corporate officer and advisor for startups.
- Developer of information systems.
- Professorial Lecturer; university Extension Instructor.
- Business advisor and innovation consultant.
- Organizational development or change management practitioner.
- Not-for-profit board (of directors, trustees, or advisors) member.
- Physicist, applied mathematician, or similar.
My education includes …
- PhD, Physics - University of California, Berkeley
- BS, Mathematics - California Institute of Technology
- Public Utility Executive Program - University of Michigan
- Financial Management and Engineering Economy for Public Utilities - Stanford University
Results to which I contributed include …
- Improve governmental service (from all levels of government) for the American public.
- Pioneer 3 information technologies.
- Develop 3 leading-edge information systems.
- Establish 3 information-technology marketplace business practices.
- Produce annual cost savings equal to 1.5 percent of annual corporate revenue.
- Preserve 7 kilometers (4.5 miles) of Pacific Ocean coastline in California, USA.
- Pioneer nationwide grassroots endeavors by an American national political party.
- Establish a Rotary International worldwide service program.
My research interests include …
- Physics (elementary particles, astrophysics, and cosmology) and mathematics
- Checklists (service science; innovation; talent, organizational, and societal development) via which people can think well and do great - throughout people’s business work and personal endeavors
To learn more …
- Physics and mathematics - https://thomasjbuckholtz.wordpress.com/mathematical-physics/
- Checklists - https://thomasjbuckholtz.wordpress.com/direct-outcomes/
- Resume - https://thomasjbuckholtz.wordpress.com/cv-bio-resume/
- Resume - https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasjbuckholtz/
- Physics and mathematics - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Buckholtz
- Physics and mathematics - https://caltech.academia.edu/ThomasJBuckholtz
To contact me …
Description of my research in physics:
- Elementary particles. A model outputs solutions associating with all known elementary particles and a list of suggested elementary particles.
- Astrophysics (dark matter). The list of elementary particles and one additional assumption suggests a well-specified candidate description for dark matter. That description explains various observed ratios of dark matter effects to ordinary matter effects.
- Cosmology. The list of elementary particles includes a description of dark energy forces. The description of dark energy forces explains three eras regarding the rate of expansion of the universe. The list of elementary particles underlies a candidate description for the inflationary epoch. The list of elementary particles provides a candidate explanation for baryon asymmetry.
- Astrophysics (galaxy formation). A combination of dark matter aspects and dark energy forces leads to galaxy formation scenarios that match observed data.
- Other aspects of physics. The work relates a ratio of the masses of two elementary particles to a ratio of the strength of electromagnetism to the strength of gravity. Other formulas interrelate the masses of other elementary particles.
- Physics modeling. The work interrelates physics modeling techniques, including techniques that people have used successfully and new techniques that I propose.