Here are a few of the organizations out there who are pursuing goals similar to Ronin’s, or who share some of our core values. Some of these may provide useful resources, or at least a sense of shared struggle.
- The National Coalition of Independent Scholars (not to be confused with the CBS franchise)
- The Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars (based out of Vancouver)
- The Independent Scholars Association of Australia
- The Institute for Globally Distributed Open Research and Education (IGDORE) (global, but has presence in Sweden, Indonesia, and Estonia)
- Campus Orléon (based in the Netherlands, but active elsewhere in Europe, as well)
- CORE Sciences & Engineering (based in the UK, but active within Europe)
- The Complex Biological Systems Alliance
- The Institute for Historical Study (centered in the San Francisco Bay area)
- The Research Cooperative (social network for “knowledge workers”)
- Slowopen Science Laboratory (based in France)
- Postdoctoral Institute for Computational Studies (focusing on computational sciences, global, based in the US)
And many, many others. If you’ve got something along these lines, send us a note.
Other allied organizations
- The Freelancers Union – US-based organization with resources for helping all kinds of freelancers, not just researchers and academics
- The P2P Foundation – Amsterdam-based non-profit organization and global network dedicated to advocacy and research of commons-oriented peer to peer dynamics solutions.